You wake me from my dreams, you speed up when I leave.
You beg for the absent, yet want your independence.
Stop uncovering your faults.
Quit tearing me apart.
One day its clear, another its hazy.
Metronome heart, you're driving me crazy.
My hips are too big, my breasts are too small.
You are conforming with society, to hell with you all.
When will I do?
When will you see that I'm a part of you?
Stop uncovering your faults.
Quit tearing yourself apart.
You take on too much, now suddenly you're lazy.
Metronome heart, you're driving me crazy.
Metronome heart decide what you want.
Set your beat so I can keep up.
The girl in the mirror has invisible tears,
in her eyes and on her face.
Your pace is too fast for her to keep up.
She'll give up,
I'll give up,
Please give up,
Heart give up!
Stop uncovering my faults.
Quit tearing me apart.
The walls are closing in, I can't keep on breathing.
Metronome hearts please stop and let me in!
Written by a normal girl in a love/hate relationship with herself.
Spring 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment