She stands on my dresser and observes my innocent play
of dolls in a wonderland and things that they might say.
The innocence of ignorance she admires and inhales
as she wishes i would notice her so fragile and so pale.
She stands on my dresser and observes my hair in curls,
and the pensive expression i gain as my satin layers twirl.
The innocence of ignorance she admires and inhales
as she wishes I would pick her up and let her ruffles catch the air.
She stands on my dresser and observes the emptied room
in hopes that my return will be someday soon.
The innocence of ignorance once admired and inhaled
has changed as she remains so fragile and to frail.
She stands on my dresser and observes nothing more,
for dust has collected and her views become poor.
Returning with the flick of a light no rarely touched,
her eyes filled, for this moment she yearned for much.
She stands on my dresser and observes my old deep lines.
I finally returned to revive her from these confines.
Her porcelain eyes filled, just as mine, as i took her in my hands,
neglected all these years and now she's all I have.
She no longer stands on my dresser, but now beside my bed;
only she had understood and listened to what I had said.
Anonymous friend in the corner all through my life,
who observed my triumphs, failures, my glory, and my strife.
summer 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment