Friday, July 23, 2010

What To Be With Love

For Justin-

Time and space have come between,
Cracked the wild thing that we used to be.

But the energy extends across the state lines,
the soul connection that forever binds.

I may not be your future, and you may not be mine.
But mysterious it remains until we test time.

You're the one I think about when in search of refuge.
I'll be there to hold you, like a human cocoon.

One day you'll fly on and break that lovely seam,
It is then, my friend that I'll help you again and become your transparent wings.

I'll flutter at the speed of light to get you where you need to be,
And only ask that you think of me when you view the things I helped you see.

You can be anything and I'll be your skin or feather.
Together we'll push our minds to the utmost extent of their tether.

You're the one I think about when in search of refuge.
I'll be there to hold you, like a human cocoon.

One day you'll fly on and break that lovely seam,
It is then, my friend that I'll help you again and become your transparent wings

We'll find a map of the hive and be with the bees.

Together we can be the early bird and open a buffet of worms.
We will flourish in the cracks of light in this shadowed world.

We can perch ourselves on the birdbath of the neighbors yard.
Or, build a twiggy nest with all of our bird power.

Yes, we can be the butterfly that children try to capture.
We can be the bees that love and live for nature's sweet nectar.

We can be the bird that one man loves and another hates,
Or we can be Humans and use our love as an escape.

You're the one I think about when in search of refuge.
I'll be there to hold you, like a human cocoon.

One day you'll fly on and break that lovely seam,
It is then, my friend that I'll help you again and become your transparent wings

I'll always be by your side, or in your mind's vibrant eye.
Be my wings and help me fly.

Winter 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment